(Please read before filling out the application.)
The Communities In Schools of Central Texas AmeriCorps program can be a fun, challenging and rewarding experience for those individuals who come into the program with open hearts and minds.
Before moving forward into our application process, please consider the following questions:
- What are my reasons for committing to a year of service?
- Is this the right time in my life to commit to a year of service?
- Will other commitments in my life allow me to give this program the attention that is needed to be successful?
- I have evaluated and considered my living situation, and understand that I will be making $1,373/month before taxes as a full-time member and $686/month before taxes as a part-time member. Please click here for more financial considerations.
- CIS of CT AmeriCorps works within the school and the majority of the hours will be during a regular school day from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Considering part-time service? Important information for part-time applicants to read
- Complete our application for a full-time or part-time position. Once you apply online, you will receive an e-mail that details the next steps in the process. This e-mail includes a link to our program specific reference form. Please note that we do not accept resumes and cover letters; you must fill out our online application.
- Request your professional references submit a reference on your behalf using this Reference Form. Part-time and full-time applicants must have two reference forms submitted by professional contacts. Those applying for EAO positions only need to have one reference form submitted by a professional contact. References can submit the reference form, via e-mail, by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- Begin to gather the required documentation: a valid driver’s license; your birth certificate or a valid U.S. passport; and your social security card. Failure to provide these documents at your interview will delay or revoke your acceptance into the program.
- We will contact you about setting up an interview after it has been determined that you meet our qualifications.
- Let the Communities In Schools of Central Texas AmeriCorps staff know if you have any questions! We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 464-9733.
If you feel that serving as an AmeriCorps member may be a time challenge, we would encourage you to seek alternate opportunities to serve your community. Click here to find out more about the CIS of CT volunteer program
Your World. Your Chance to Make it Better. AmeriCorps.